Commercial Heating Maintenance and Repair Morgan City
Same Day Appointments Available
Having a regular tune-up of your heating system is always recommended, especially as we enter the winter months. Although Morgan City winters can be mild we do occasionally have cold weeks and months that you’ll want to use a heater for. We at Southern AC and Heating provide comprehensive heater tune ups, maintenance, installations, and repairs to keep your unit in peak condition.
When considering whether or not to have your heater regularly maintenanced, keep in mind your energy bills in the winter will lower if your heating system is working in peak condition, along with extending the life of that heating system. At Southern AC and Heating, we have you covered!
We recommend you get at least a yearly tune-up of your heating system to keep it in peak condition.
Commercial Heater and Furnace Repairs
If your heating system stops working, please give us a call immediately. After a thorough inspection, you will be offered a variety of solutions by a certified HVAC technician. Then we’ll do everything we can to get your heater or furnace operating as quickly as possible while maintaining the quality of service you’ve come to expect.
Is your commercial furnace experiencing any of these problems?
- Won’t turn on
- The pilot light is out
- Your furnace is producing strange noises while operating
- The main burner extinguishes immediately or won’t turn on
- Your blower won’t turn on, even though the main burner is lit
- Constantly running blower
Southern AC and Heating is ready to assist in emergency furnace repairs:
- The problem will be explained to you in full so that you can decide how best to proceed before we begin the repair.
- We never charge overtime since we charge by the job, not by the hour.
- We guarantee our work and make sure it is done correctly the first time.
Areas We Serve
We operate out of Morgan City, LA and serve the surrounding areas including Patterson, Berwick, Franklin, Amelia, and Morgan City.
What to Expect When Requesting Furnace Service
Our Tune-Ups Include:
- Optimizing burner performance
- including lubricating motor and bearings, fans, and circulators
- Replace the oil filter and oil nozzle
- Check and adjust all safety and operational controls
- Inspecting flue pipe, barometric damper, and combustion chamber
- Providing you with an extensive report with equipment condition
Benefits of Regular Morgan City Heating Maintenance
Routine maintenance of your heating system, and ac unit, is useful for many reasons. Since furnaces are expensive, you want to make sure you get the most use out of them.
By taking care of your heating system regularly, you’ll get the most from it. No matter what type of furnace you have or what type of heat pump you have, you can rely on us.
- Maintaining your heating system regularly will provide you with the following benefits:
- Fewer repairs in the long run
- Your furnace will last longer
- Better air quality in your home
- Saving money on utility bills due to improved energy efficiency
When to Schedule Annual Heating Maintenance
Annual heating maintenance is recommended. Ideally, you should schedule an appointment for this in the early fall, before you have to turn on your heater for the first time that year. This is recommended even if the unit was installed within the last couple of years.
We can schedule appointments quickly during this shoulder season, whereas during the winter we tend to be busier when emergency repairs are needed. It’s never too late to schedule a furnace service if it hasn’t been done in the past 12 months.
It can be useful to have a regular maintenance appointment for both your air conditioning and heater every quarter to make sure they’re in proper working condition.
DIY vs Professional Heating Maintenance
The DIY approach can be used for a variety of home maintenance tasks including for your ac unit and heating unit. Among these are a few basic heater maintenance tasks. Filters in furnaces should be changed at least every three months, and you should visually inspect them each month for dirt and dust. Cleaning debris from your furnace and air vents is another task you can handle.
It’s important to rely on a professional to conduct your complete annual maintenance. All makes and models are serviced by our NATE-certified technicians. In addition to inspecting your heater for pending issues, we can perform minor replacements immediately. While we are there we can also do routine maintenance on your air conditioner so when summer hits Louisiana you’ll be prepared. Additionally, we will clean your system thoroughly to ensure better air quality and calibrate it for maximum energy efficiency.
Your heater needs regular maintenance if you own a commercial building. Your business’s bottom line will be protected and maintained when your commercial furnace is properly maintained. You can achieve this goal with the help of Southern AC and Heating!
Annual Professional Commercial Furnace Maintenance
Maintaining your furnace properly through the heating season is essential to its safe and efficient operation.
A Total Comfort Tune-Up from Southern AC and Heating includes:
- A thorough inspection of the furnace/ heater and all of its components
- A complete professional cleaning
- Adjustments to any controls that require it
- An extensive safety check
The following examples illustrate common furnace problems that can be detected by certified professionals:
- There may be an accumulation of carbon monoxide in the combustion chamber or heat exchanger due to dirty furnaces, improperly vented ductwork, or cracks that are hard to detect.
- Having a furnace without a sufficient supply of fresh air can cause dangerously low oxygen levels
Soot build-up that can then lead to fires
Does Your Commercial Heating Unit Need to Be Replaced?
A furnace that is reaching the end of its lifespan and repair costs are going up may be more cost-effective to replace. The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Energy Star program recommends replacing furnaces 15 years old and older due to the rising cost of energy and the need for the preservation of natural resources. Here’s why:
Gas furnaces from the 1970s have an efficiency rating of about 65% when measured by regular fuel utilization ratings.
In today’s furnace models, AFUE ratings often top 97 percent, resulting in substantial fuel savings over the lifetime of the furnace. It is estimated that 12% of your monthly utility bills are from your air conditioning and heating systems.
No matter how old your furnace, or air conditioner, is if it is not operating safely, it should be replaced. Southern AC and Heating technicians will be able to offer you help with this difficult decision for your property.
Morgan City Commercial Building Owners Trust US with their Heating Repair and Maintenance
All over the Southern AC and Heating service area, smart homeowners rely on us for heating and furnace maintenance. We’re Morgan City’s top heating and cooling experts. For more information on heating and furnace maintenance agreements that increase energy efficiency, call us today.